Low Level Carbon Monoxide Detector

low level carbon monoxide detector

Low level carbon monoxide detector (CO) can be toxic at low levels and is odorless, tasteless, and colorless. It can also build up to dangerously high levels over time in a home or business, leading to illness or death. Carbon monoxide detectors are an essential safety tool, especially for young children, pregnant women (and their unborn babies), older adults, people with respiratory or heart conditions, and those who are ill or disabled.

Protecting Your Home: The Benefits of a Low-Level Carbon Monoxide Detector

Standard carbon monoxide detectors typically don’t display or alarm CO levels below 30 ppm, which may not provide sufficient protection for certain groups of people who are more vulnerable to lower concentrations. For example, infants, children, the elderly and those with respiratory or heart conditions can experience symptoms at levels below 30 ppm such as fatigue, chest pain, shortness of breath, memory loss, skin lesions, and flu-like symptoms.

Home inspector Bryan Standley, who has become a TikTok sensation for his home inspection videos, told Insider that all homeowners should buy a low level carbon monoxide detector. He says that standard detectors give homeowners a false sense of security because they won’t alert them to the low levels of CO that can still cause health issues and even lead to death.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *